Monday, May 17, 2010

Canon 5D Mark II

They shot the season finale of House (Fox) with the Canon 5D Mark II. You can tell straight from the gorgeous opening close up shots. That camera does macro so beautifully. It is a DSLR (digital single lens reflex), which is not generally considered for use as a video camera, but this one shoots fabulously! See this short and the making of it.

The nice thing about this camera is that it is small and that you can change the lenses. But what stinks is that you need to have it connected to some sort of rigging to keep the picture steady.

Geez, the color and the lighting is so beautiful. The depth of field is fantastic. I am in love.

This is the camera I want. It is about $3K for just the body which is a lot for me, but pennies when you consider the budget of a television show like House. They should get me one since I am writing about them here. Or maybe Canon should give me one and I will make movies for them to show on their website. After all, I have always been a Nikon SLR girl. I have a D60 and N6006, but after doing research, I have firmly settled on the Canon. (You know, when I have loads of money someday.) You hear that Mr. Adachi? I'm a film student, on the precipice of greatness. You can be the one I thank at the Academy Awards ceremony in 2017. Or you, David Shore, you can be the one I allow to help me produce my super awesome TV show that I will tell you about after you give me this great gift of the camera.

Say cheese!

No comments: