Wednesday, June 10, 2009

RIP Grasshopper

I was watching Mental (episode 3, Book of Judges) which starred David Carradine. It was such a sad role to watch, knowing that he is dead. He was in a sort of disassociative state in which in seemed to have no connection to the real world, choosing instead to live in a fantasy brought upon by a lightning strike that hit him and killed his wife.

I don't know where I am going with this, but it struck me as sad. This was supposed to be aired while he was filming a new movie in Thailand. Instead, they are trying to figure out the details of his death. Then there is the whole lightning aspect which makes me sad for the people who were struck and killed by lightning recently, like the 12 year old boy in Fredericksburg, VA last week.

It was a sad episode. And it ended kind of gross with Estella Warren coming to "take care of unfinished business" with the good doctor. I dunno. Seemed a little cliched to me.

No comments: