Thursday, January 15, 2009

AI - Auditions day 2

The directors of AI are funny people. They had an intro of a very pretty girl who talks about her powerful voice. It was a very serious intro and then she sang like a tape that has been in the sun too long.

This next girl chose a song that Simon co-wrote and then messed up the words. Oops. But she has a nice voice, so I guess all is forgiven.

I am sitting around waiting for the cable guy to show up and replace my cable box. But I still have to get through this two hour show. And I am not feeling clever at all, so I am afraid this may come out as a clinical assessment instead of my typical witty banter. (I sure do blow my own horn a lot, but no one reads this blog, so I can do as I wish. Sometime I am going to write an entry that just states "Bug rules!!" 73 times. But not today).

I want someone to sing Sara Bareilles "Love Song" because it is in my head.

There is a distinct correlation between funny looks and funny voices. (Looks to include outfit). I think they could toss out anyone wearing a hat without even listening to them sing and save some time. WHAAAT? They liked the "Over the Rainbow" singing hat wearer? He won't last.

Jason Castro's brother is on the show. I wanna guess that he is going to suck, but I have a feeling and turns out he's got a nice voice. He sings a bit in his throat, but you know, whatever. He looks like a German girl.

Jennifer Jason Leigh's little sister is on. She is so nervous that my television set is vibrating. She likes to be called Jazz, and then she tips her hat. I wonder if that is her signature move. Her reactions due to the utter silence from the judges are wonderful. I wish they would let her stay just because she entertains me. I am a cruel mistress.

Rembrandt needs to go to Kansas City and get to bleaching some teeth. Their teeth look like my newly painted walls (which are yellow if you are not getting where I am going here).

Well, the cable guy is here now and I am getting a new/used box. It had better work better than the last one. He is having a hard time connecting it so I had better go help. I missed the last 35 minutes of AI, but I am fairly certain I did not miss much.

Seacrest OUT!

No comments: